Tagailog.com Privacy and Security Policy
Our Commitment to You
Tagailog.com will never abuse your trust. This means that we will never share, sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal or company information without your explicit consent.
Out of respect for your privacy, Tagailog.com does not:
- Place monitoring devices onto your computer such as web beacons, or single-pixel gifs.
- Sell or distribute a member's information to third parties for marketing purposes.
- Send unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
We respect your privacy as a basic Community principle.
Our goal when collecting information is to provide users with a convenient, efficient, and safe experience. You agree that your personal information may be used to provide the services you request, provide customer support, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, collect fees, prevent illegal activities, enforce our User Agreement, and improve our services.
You are welcome to browse Tagailog.com without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information to our servers located in the Philippines. We may collect and store the following personal information:
- Email address, physical contact information.
- Transactional information based on your activities on Tagailog.com (such as buying, selling, products and content you generate or that relates to your account).
- Community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through Tagailog.com, and correspondence sent to us.
- Computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from Tagailog.com, ad data, and other information, including IP address and standard web log information.
- Supplemental information submitted for verification or requested if site policies are suspected to be violated.
- Supplemental information from third parties (for example, rating feedback).
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. We may also share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded credit cards).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity.
- Other business entities, should we plan to merge with, or be acquired by that business entity.
- Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the Community free from wrongdoing, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Information You Share on Tagailog.com
Your username is displayed throughout Tagailog.com (and so available to the public), and is connected to all of your Tagailog.com activity. Other people can see your items for sale, Profile Page, ratings, feedback and associated comments. Notices sent to other Community members about suspicious activity and policy violations on our site refer to your username and specific item listings. So if you associate your name with your username, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your Tagailog.com activities.
If you access our site from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, certain information about you, such as your email address, activity or reminders from Tagailog.com, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness; and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of our site or services.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the site that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
Cookies allow us to recognize you automatically whenever you visit our site so that we can personalize your experience and provide you with better service.
Cookies are just short pieces of data, and they are unable to perform any operation by themselves.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to set your browser to accept new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
Tagailog.com and our users do not tolerate spam. You are not licensed to add other Tagailog.com users, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report Tagailog.com-related spam or spoof emails, please contact us. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our Community, we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Tagailog.com and change your password.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by becoming a member of Tagailog.com. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
We take the security of our customers' information very seriously, and we use every method possible to make sure that your online buying and selling experience is a safe one.
Your information is stored on our PCI Compliant servers located in the Philippines. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and our site meets PCI Compliance. Security tools include Advanced Policy Firewall to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
We may combine your information with information we collect from other members (such as demographic data) to improve and personalize our services. We may also collect anonymous data to help expand knowledge about local food sales, in order to support research and policy that increases support for local and sustainable food systems.
Tagailog.com reserves the right to moderate and remove any comments. If this is your first time commenting here, your comment will be moderated before posting. Please follow these guidelines and generally use good manners.
Language and Manners: Comments which include offensive or inappropriate language will be deleted. Please play nice.
What To Do If Your Comment Does Not Appear: If you leave a comment on this blog, it does not appear in a reasonable time period and you know that it complies with these policies, contact us.
No Personal Attack Comments Permitted: You may question or argue the content, but not attack the blog authers or commenters.
Keep It On-Topic: Any comment that veers severely away from the topic of the post or other peoples’ comments will be deleted.
Comment Spam: Any comment assumed to be possible comment spam will be deleted and marked as comment spam.
Commenters Blocked: Anyone who violates this policy may be blocked from commenting on this blog.
All Rights Reserved: Tagailog.com reserves the right to delete, or mark as spam, any and all comments.
Trackbacks Are Comments: All trackbacks will be treated in line with this policy.
Please contact us at [email protected] to report violations or if you have any questions regarding our Privacy & Security Policy.